The Alienware FX not working is an annoying issue that can be solved by following a few steps mentioned briefly in this article. Whether the problem is with the Alienware command center or the system, there is an available fix.
This article contains the experts’ suggested fixes that will allow you to troubleshoot the issue, find the problem and solve it. Keep on reading this article and make your lights functional again.
- 1 Why Alienware FX Not Working?
- 2 How To Fix Alienware Lights Not Working Issue?
- 3 FAQ
- 4 Conclusion
Why Alienware FX Not Working?
The Alienware FX not working has several causes and reasons like:
- Outdated software version.
- Minor glitch or an error in the computer.
- Problems with the Alienware command center.
- Any interruptions or outdated Windows.
- Third-party apps.
- Lights are dimmed
– Problems With the Alienware Command Center
When the lights are not working, blinking, flickering, or dimming, the problem lies with the command center. This problem will not allow lights to adjust the colors. You can also get any of the following notifications if this is the cause.
- System.Management.ManagementException: Not found
- No supported AlienFX devices were detected.
- Could not load file or assembly ‘Alienlabs.upgrade service, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bebb3c8816410241′ or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded
- System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ThermalControlsTaskbarIcon’ threw an exception. –> System.Null.ReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
- The object reference is not set to an instance of an object
If you have received any of the notifications mentioned above, it is confirmed that the problem is with the command center. And now, you can go for the solutions discussed below.
– Third-party Apps
If your Alienware light was working correctly and you have just installed an app right after it, you are experiencing this problem, and there must be something wrong with that application. If that third-party app is somehow linked to the resources and creates trouble with the lights, it can create even more problems for the software.
Usually, the Alienware lights don’t get affected by any application problem as the Alienware is a bit different, but still, it can be a cause.
– Other Common Reasons Behind the FX Issue
Now let’s check each case in more detail:
- Alienware background lights are not turning on
If your Alienware background lights are not turning on, the problem could be with the software version. If you are using an old version, there is a possibility of the lights not turning on.
- Problems with your computer
Any minor glitch or an error in the computer might lead your Alien FX light to stop working.
- Any interruptions or if Windows is out of date
If any problem causes an interruption or your windows are out of date, you can face the same problem.
- Lights are dimmed
If the lights are on but dimmed, this could be an issue with your system.
How To Fix Alienware Lights Not Working Issue?
Alienware FX not working problem can be fixed using the following solutions:
- Update the software.
- Fix the computer’s problems
- Update the command center by uninstalling it and then reinstalling it.
- Change startup settings
- Uninstall third-party apps
– Update the Software
If you face the problem with turning off the Alienware lights, the issue might be with the software version; to solve it, you just need to update the software. In most cases, the problem gets resolved by just updating the software.
To check if the update is available, you can go to the Dell drivers, download the website, and check the “application” section. If you don’t see an available update there, your software is already updated. And now you need to move to the other solution.
– Fix the Computer Problems
If you have checked the updates, the next step we again the computer and Alienware. You don’t know if the problem is with the computer, so to make sure of that, just turn it off and then turn on the computer. This is not going to be a simple restarting computer process; here, you will need to perform a few more steps so that you can fix the lights. You need to follow the below steps without skipping any:
- First, you need to turn off your computer as you usually do by clicking the shutdown option.
- Then you need to unplug the power cable from the power pin.
- If you are using a laptop, remove the batteries.
- Now press and hold the power button for a few seconds to ensure it is completely turned off. The computer should not turn on there.
- Now you should connect the batteries and the power cable back.
- Turn on the computer as you usually do.
- Now you need to check the driver version, and for that, you can update the BIOS.
- Uninstall the current version and reinstall the Alienware Command Centre software.
- Now the lights would be working correctly.
If the lights are still not working, there will be another problem.
– Update the Command Center
If your lights are not working correctly, blinking, flickering, or dimming, The problem might be with the command center. In that case, you can update your command center by uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. Most people often follow this procedure to get the updated version of the command center.
You can follow the below steps to update the software.
- First, you need to exit any program you are using that has something to do with the Alienware command center.
- Then you should download and install the latest version of ACC.
- The issue might have been resolved. Make sure of it. If the problem is still there, continue following the steps.
- Go to the windows search bar and search for the “control panel.”
- Click to uninstall a program.
- Find the Alienware command center in the list and click on “uninstall.”
- You will see an uninstall wizard that will pop up; follow that prompt to remove the Alienware command from your computer.
- If you have a .NET framework, go through the OC control application process. If you see no difference, repeat with the Microsoft Visual C++ versions.
- You need to restart your computer and install the.net Framework 3.5 in 4.5.
- Here you have updated everything; just check once more to ensure everything has been updated and nothing left that requires any change in driver update or setting.
- You are provided wh the path, launch the file explorer, and follow that path.
%appdata% as a run command
- If there is any Alienware folder, delete it. And navigate the following path.
- Go to the %programdata%; you might find any Alienware folder there; if it is, delete it.
- Now navigate this path: C:\Program Files\Alienware\
- Go to your document folder, and delete the AlienFX and Alienware TactX folders.
- Delete the temporary files of your computer.
- Go to the Run command and type “Reg Edit.”
- An editor will be open and navigate the following path.
- There you will find the AlienFXMediaPlugin and Alienware AlienFX folders.
- Follow this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Alienware.
- Delete the AlienFXMediaPlugin and Alienware AlienFX folders.
- Now you can restart your computer.
- Download and install the ACC by using custom install.
- A wizard will pop up; follow that wizard to install it completely.
Hopefully, this solution will work for you, and your lights will usually start working.
– Change Startup Settings
If any interruption is creating a problem or your Windows is out of date, go and change the startup settings.
Follow the below steps:
- First, open the task manager and go to the processes tab.
- Check if a command Center process is running; if you find it, right-click on it and end the task.
- Go to the services tab, and then click “Open Services.”
- There you would see the AWCCSerivice option; right-click on it. Go to the menu, and click on “Properties.”
- Right-click on the AWCCSerice option again and change the type of Start-up to automatic.
- Click on “Apply” and then “OK.”
- Now you need to restart your computer and let it go to boot up. Don’t try to do anything until it completes its “thinking” process.
- Now your problem would have been solved.
– Uninstall Third-party Apps
If you have doubts about some applications that you have recently installed, you should follow the below steps to get rid of this problem.
- Right-click on the windows button, and you will see the menu; go to the “Apps and Features.”
- Expand the MSI afterburner option and click on the “Uninstall” option.
- A wizard will appear; go through that to remove the Afterburner from your computer.
- Reinstall it and see if that solves your problem.
– Lights Are Dimmed
If the lights are on but dimmed, there might be some issues with your system. Here are the steps to solve it.
- Go to the AlienxFX taskbar and make sure that you have checked all the following steps.
- Dim lighting zones
- Your zone status should be “On” during go dark.
- Once you have checked all the above steps, if you want to go dark, you will need to turn off all the lights on your keyboard. If you wish to “go light,” you will need to turn them on.
- If you see anything wrong with the hardware, adjust the setting to see if they get lighter or darker.
- This will solve your problem. To prevent this from happening again, go to the AlienFX icon in the tray bar, right-click on the AlienFX icon in the tray bar, select the “Enable inactivity timer,” and choose “Never go inactive.”
1. What Is Alienware FX lighting?
Fx lights are the lights that are designed beautifully into the keyboard on the Alienware system. These background lights often go faulty but still, they are used widely as they are trendy and attractive to the eye. These lights are used primarily in gaming and streaming as they create a creative effect that keeps the process interesting and vivid while streaming for hours.
Most users have experienced the issue on the hardware side. However, any software glitch or misunderstanding can make Alienware lights not work.
We have covered all the causes and the solutions of the FX lights issue. You no longer need to worry about fixing your lights; all you need to do is follow this article from beginning to end.
Let’s sum up the most important points of today’s article:
- If your FX lights aren’t working correctly, restart your computer and update the software.
- You can uninstall and reinstall the Alienware Command center to get rid of the mistake.
- A third-party app can create such problems, so uninstall and reinstall the Afterburn if you have recently installed any application.
If your Alienware lights are not working, go to the troubleshooting process and find the solution.