The store data structure corruption message could appear on BSOD once or multiple times. This could be just a small glitch or a major issue with your system.
To learn about this issue, follow this article, as it contains some helping fixes, all the necessary information required, and some ideas from technical experts.
- 1 Why Store Data Structure Corruption Issue Happens?
- 2 How To Fix Structure Corruption Error?
- 3 Conclusion
Why Store Data Structure Corruption Issue Happens?
The store data corruption or critical structure corruption error can happen when gamers are done playing games or get off their computer. There are several reasons behind it:
- One time error.
- Problem with Ram hardware.
- Problems with the operating system.
– One Time Error Message
This problem is something that you can face only once. Most people have faced this problem only one time and never get it again. So if it happened only once, this is not a big deal.
– Problem With Ram Hardware
There could be a problem with RAM, where the driver or the device could be incorrectly modifying physical pages using an incorrect DMA operation or an associated MDL. This is one of the leading causes that can lead to this problem. In most systems, the hardware side or firmware is the main cause, and your system stores corruption errors.
– Problem With Operating System
The problem could be with the operating system as well. This mostly happens in new computers or those that you don’t use frequently, and either the windows of that computer are not installed properly, or the USB you are using is damaged. Remember that if you feel your system is having issues other than the blue screen of death, there could be a more significant issue, and you better take a computer to a professional.
But if you want to fix the operating system, go to the solution section.
How To Fix Structure Corruption Error?
To fix store data structure corruption, there are a few solutions that include:
- Restart the computer to solve the issue.
- Perform Windows memory diagnostics to detect and eliminate any issues.
- Detecting and fixing the problems with Operating System.
– Restart the Computer
If you face data structure or critical structure corruption, you don’t know that you will get this problem again or that this is the only time you are facing this. So let’s suppose that this is the only time you are facing this, and that’s why let’s not get into the detailed troubleshooting.
This time we will just restart the computer and see if the problem is fixed. If you get the system back again, be thankful that you do not rest your time by going into detailed troubleshooting. But if the problem still exists, the problem might be worse, so you should go for the other solutions described in this article.
– Perform Windows Memory Diagnostics
If the structure corruption BSOD appears to be caused by the defective RAM, the first thing you need to do is to do the Windows memory diagnostic. Follow the below steps to fix this issue.
- First, go to the control panel search box, and type “memory.”
- Click on the “diagnose” option to find an issue with the memory.
- When the test is completed, check the results under the system log by using the event viewer.
- Find the “MemoryDiagnostics-Results” to check the results under the system log. You can find it quite quickly.
- Press the “Start” and type “CMD” in the prompt windows.
- Right-click on the command prompt and go with the “Run as Administrator.”
- Now you need to type the following command and then hit “Enter.”
DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Scanhealth
DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth
- You might need to wait here for a minute to complete the process. Eventually, it will stop making any changes on the screen.
- It’s time to restart your system to apply the changes.
If you followed the steps mentioned above, you would be on the right track, and now you need to continue with the following steps with the corrupt files.
- Here you will use the repair upgrade method for a built-in utility to take on any corrupt DLL files. You need to open the start menu and type “CMD.”
- Right-click on the CMD option and click on “run as administrator.”
- Now type the following command and then press “enter.”
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Wait until everything is completed successfully.
- It’s time to restart your system.
- As the computer is clean booted up, you need to go to the start menu, type CMD into the open dialogue, and then run the system file checker utility.
- Right-click the “CMD” option and click on the run as administrator.
- You’ll find a command prompt there; type: “sfc/scannow.” on the command prompt. This will check if your system has any further integrity violations.
- Restart the computer, and hopefully, you will find your problem fixed.
If the problem isn’t solved, you should take your system to a professional. But if you want to give it another try, you can move to the next solution.
– Detecting and Fixing the Problems With Operating System
To fix the operating system issue that is leading you to the blue screen of death, follow the below steps:
- If you have a bootable media of Windows 10 or the ISO image, you should skip the first step. In that case, you need to have Windows 10 that you can download from Microsoft. You can also do that by using Windows 10 media creation tool or if you have a USB or a DVD solution.
- Now you need to go to the folder that contains the Windows 10 ISO image, right-click on the image and then click on the “mount” option so that we can mount the ISO image.
- You will see an “open this PC” option; click on that option to see a new drive. A new drive would be created, right-click on that drive and then click open in the latest Windows.
- If you have to use the DVD or bootable USB of Windows 10, connect them to your system, right-click on the USB drive, and open it in the new Windows.
- There you will see a setup.exe file in the root folder of ISO/DVD/USB. Double-click on the setup files so that we can start the Windows 10 Setup Wizard.
- You might see the user account control screen; if you do, you are supposed to click on the “yes” button.
- The screen will display a message, “get important updates.” You will find the option that says “not right now”; click on that option. Now you have to select whether you want Windows installation as a better option. It will not affect the process, no matter what you choose.
- There you will see a “next” button; click on that. Now the display will say, “we are getting a few things ready,” which will keep appearing for a minute. So wait for it until it completes successfully.
- After the previous step completes, you will see a screen for the license agreement. You need to agree to that license by clicking on the “I accept the license terms,” clicking on the checkbox, and clicking on the “next” button. That means that you have agreed to the terms and conditions of Microsoft Windows.
Now the setup will start its process of installing Windows. Your PC must have the minimum space so that a new Windows can be successfully prepared for the installation process. There you have to wait for a minute with patience because, in some systems, this process can take longer, and it depends on your system requirements.
- Now you will see a screen that says “ready to install.” This is the most important step of the process. You will see multiple options displayed on the screen. You have to select “Install Windows 10 Home/Pro and keep personal files and apps.” You have to make sure that you choose the right option because if you do not, your saved data on other drives will be deleted, and you will lose all of your data saved on your computer. You should also click the “Change what to keep” link and select “keep personal files and apps.”
- Click on the “Install” button to prepare your Windows 10 installation process. It can take longer to complete the process, depending on your system.
- As the process is finished successfully, you see a lock screen. There you will find an enter button, click on that and type your user account information. You might have to wait again, but it will not take long this time. You might see some animations for a few seconds before getting to your desktop.
- Preparing the operating system has been finished successfully, and now your problem should be solved.
Suppose your problem is still not resolved yet. In that case, we will highly recommend you take your computer to any professional because there could be a significant issue that should be fixed by a professional.
After reading the article, now you have a solid understanding of the cause of the BSOD issue. That can be resolved above.
Let’s sum up today’s learning:
- If you face this issue for the first time, just restart your system, as most people don’t face it more than once.
- If the problem remains, there could be an issue with the hardware, RAM, or operating system.
- In both cases, follow the respective solutions. If the problem is still there, go for professional repair.
But if you find your problem unsolved yet, you should take it to professionals.